Monday, April 21, 2008

The Sweet Treat


Today my doorbell rang and it was a little neighbor boy who is probably 6 or 7 yrs. old. This is how the conversation went:

Little boy: "Um, hi we're selling candy for sale."

Me: "Candy huh? How much are you selling it for?"

Little boy: "It is for sale." (as he pulls out one Brach's peppermint from his pocket and starts twisting it around in his little hand)

Me: "How much for the candy?" (I am a little slow)

Little boy: "It's free."

Me: "Sure I'll have some candy."

He hands me the candy and runs off. He was adorable and it was the best darn sale I have ever encountered!

6 comments:

evelania said...

How cute--I can just picture you answering the door and talking to the little boy.

Crystal said...

This is great. All I ever get at my door are salesman in their thirties who don't give up and don't seem to have a clue as they try to recall all my neighbors names that have agreed to hear their sell.

Emilee said...

You should have given the poor little guy a quarter or something. He was probably too scared to ask. My sister's friend's little brother went door to door selling his mom's tampons once. Just trying to make a buck!

Ali said...

I really should have given him a quarter. I did think about it for a second. Next time!

Melissa said...

tell him he needs to make the rounds to my neighborhood. Free candy is always a good deal : )

Mike and Kristin said...

That is a crack up!