Monday, April 7, 2008

We have seen better days



Well, you know you are a mother when you spend all day changing runny diapers, getting puked on, doing laundry and trying to find a comfortable position for your child. Noah was sick (stomach bug) all day yesterday and still isn't 100%, poor guy. This was the first time I have experienced being thrown up on as a mother and only the second time he has been sick since birth. Just look at all that puke and not all of it got on me! As hard as motherhood can be I wouldn't change it.

10 comments:

vertical inhibitor said...

OOOOOOHHHHH - That's, impressive yet very icky! Hope he gets better soon and all that comes out of your shirt ;)

The Kroebers said...

That is pretty disgusting. I'm so sorry he was so sick. My boys are feeling fine so far. You can come over and play anytime.

Mike and Kristin said...

Wow, a picture can really express a thousand words (or something like that.) Looks like you had a very bonding day;)

Crystal said...

Oh we have know the puke too well this year. I am so sorry! I hope he is feeling better soon. Somehow your hair still looks great as always.

steph said...

Travis sent me the link to your blog and I love it!

Regarding the latest entry -- Wow. Maybe I CAN wait for motherhood. At least you got puked on and looked good doing it!

danrdavis said...

That is better than anything Sam and Anne have done. Love the photo.

Lovell Family said...

Ali--that is the nastiest thing ever! And let's not talk about how it smelled! Zach was sick (puking) for about a week a couple months back. I'm feelin for you. Call me when he's better so we can let the kiddos play.

Ali said...

Steph-good to hear from you! How are things going? This is such a fun way to keep in touch. Are you blogging?

Lyssa Beth said...

Hey Terry Family!
THis is Lyssa (Terry) ZImmerman...Travis's cousin. Found your blog on Steph's blog and just wanted to say Hi! Your little boy is adorable! Looks like you're doing well.
You have the cutest little family! Glad I found your blog!

Marci said...

Holy cow! I check your blog all the time, to see what's new with you. I guess I took time off blog checking (I was re-painting our livingroom with a 2 1/2 yr old and 7 month old...took up all my spare time) and come to see several new updates!! I'm so sorry Noah's puking, I'd take boogers and coughing any day of the week. Hopefully this passes soon, spring is such a hard time to be cooped up. I miss you, lady! My next trip to Utah, we're doing lunch!!